In a previous post I mentioned my “makeup mule” aka my baby sis lives in Spain, where right next to where she lives there is a Sephora and Kiko. Here in Ireland there is no Sephora or Kiko, Sephora won’t even deliver to Ireland, I know…. how sad is that?! 😭 While I had been lucky enough to have my sister, my makeup mule to go and fetch whatever I wanted from Sephora, Sephora in Spain didn’t always stock what was available in the USA Sephora. Being an adult Disney Fanatic and Makeup Artist, I had to HAVE the Sephora Minnie mouse palette and very much to my dismay, the stores in Spain never even heard of it. I tried eBay and they wouldn’t deliver to Ireland?! To say I was heartbroken was an understatement but I didn’t give up hope and thought “there must be a way I can get my hands on that palette” without dragging this post on too much, I literally spent a day researching and found out about a service called Parcel Motel. Literally a UK address you can use to get your parcels delivered to and they bring them over here!!! Since using this service, I can’t recommend them enough, when your package arrives at Parcel Motel, they email you to tell you they have your parcel and that they’re taking good care of it, they even send you a picture of it and weirdly…. I found that adorable 😂 and YAAAAAAASSSSS I got my Minnie Mouse palette.
Besides the Minnie Mouse palette, my sister has been able to go and get me everything my makeup heart desires in the Sephora store in Spain (I must almost own all of the Kat Von D range) but my sister has decided to move home next week for the foreseeable future so unfortunately I will no longer have a makeup mule but, buuuuuttt it’s amazing to have her home and her company means more to me than makeup, but there is another but….. I AM GOING OVER TO SPAIN TO HELP HER MOVE HOME!!!!!! So guess what??? SEE YA NEXT WEEK SEPHORA 😜
P.S My makeup mules last mission getting the last of what was left of the Kat Von D range I wanted 😂
Love…. K 😘
Last summer, three friends and I completed a 30 day makeup challenge. I enjoyed it so much that I also did a 31 day Halloween challenge and a 25 day Christmas challenge so this year I thought I would take on the ultimate challenge of all…. The 100 day makeup challenge.
Now while there are lots of good aspects about doing challenges, there are also some down sides.
1. If you have a busy lifestyle (like me), setting aside some time to do the challenge can be an issue.
2. If you cannot motivate or purely dedicate yourself to do the challenge, then you may as well forget about it. Someday’s if you’re like me after a hard days work, all you wanna do is chill but I get the challenge done…. then chill 😂 3. If you do special effects makeup like me, then you have to take extra care of your poor makeup beaten, bloody face, which can take forever to remove. One day I did Mystique, a character from X-men (just in case you didn’t know 😁) and although it was only facepaint that washes off easily, five days later after four more looks and four more showers, I was still finding blue face paint in little crevices on my body, mainly my ears.
4. Cost may be an issue. While you can use very little makeup and create so many creations beyond your imagination. To create completely different looks like beauty, special effects, movie characters, high fashion, cosplay, theatrical, then supplies, costumes, contact lenses and wigs do cost money. I know everytime I’ve done a challenge, I have spent a small fortune on supplies and I am currently restocking both my beauty and SFX kit at the moment for this current challenge.
Now that’s all the negatives out of the way, let’s move on to the positives, shall we? 😊
1. Fun. If you are a makeup artist, inspiring makeup artist, makeup junkie or just love to bloody play with makeup then you just know how much fun it is to mess around with makeup. If somebody locked me away in a tower, I wouldn’t care once I had my makeup kits, oh and a camera so I could take my selfies for evidence 😂
2. If you post your daily challenges online, then hearing feedback is so nice. I have a makeup page on Facebook and everytime I do a challenge, people I wouldn’t know that follow my page approach me and say they follow my challenge, that they love it and can’t wait to see what else I will come up with. The fact other people are enjoying it and not just you is very rewarding.
3. Nobody is perfect but we can only get better because there is always room for improvement! I look at when I first did SFX which I mentioned in a previous post. At the time I thought I was amaaaazing, seriously, I did 😂 but now I love seeing my progress and using different techniques. When I do looks now, I am very critical and have often contemplated about uploading certain looks, the ones now that I am most critical of, are my most popular. So in saying that, we really are our own worst critics.
Today I’m on day 15 and just did a quick look cause as I said above, time maybe an issue but dedicate and motivate yourself to get it done.
Peace out…. Love K. 💙